HCL 6/415 Readings in Biblical Hebrew Narrative - Credit Hours: 3
Semester normally offered: Alternate Fall Semesters
A linguistic, literary, textual, and exegetical study of biblical Hebrew narrative texts. This course builds on the foundation laid in beginning Hebrew courses. Prerequisite: HCL 6/411.
This course fills equivalencies in the following areas:
- Language - Hebrew
By the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- read biblical Hebrew narrative texts with some degree of fluency;
- have a good understanding of biblical Hebrew grammar & syntax;
- know all of the vocabulary occurring 20 or more times in the Hebrew Bible;
- know how the biblical Hebrew verbal system functions;
- do exegesis of the Hebrew Bible; and
- be capable of doing further research in biblical history and geography that requires interaction with the Hebrew text.
A one-day interactive field study at a site where students can encounter biblical Hebrew texts, such as the Israel Museum or a synagogue.
*Note that field studies are not included for JUC Online courses.