MECR 5/380 Field Education - Credit Hours: 1
Semester normally offered: Fall and Spring
Students are placed in approved ministry settings in Israel and/or the West Bank for 3 hours per week in order to develop practical skills necessary for leadership in a wide variety of ministries in the Middle East. Ministry settings include schools, churches and social service agencies such as orphanages and food banks.
This course fills equivalencies in the following areas:
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Christian Ministry
- Christian Education
- Cross-Cultural Studies and Education
By the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- identify the social and cultural identities of the ministry group;
- evaluate personal skill development within the ministry group;
- compare and contrast values of the ministry group with his/her own values; and
- identify challenges of cross-cultural identification and communication.